While individual angels are incredibly important, few prospective angels have the time, know-how or financial resources to participate in multiple investments acting alone. As a result, angel networks have emerged as a method for providing an introductory service to potential deals, connecting like-minded individuals to share the workload, accessing the collective wisdom of others and syndication of deals. As such angel networks often overcome the many challenges associated with solo investing and investing in risky environments, such as emerging markets like the Caribbean.
The Caribbean Business Angel Network (CBAN) aims to improve access to investment opportunities throughout the Caribbean, for angel investors. It is focused on connecting investors with start-up, early-stage and growth companies seeking finance; increasing Caribbean deal flow. Investors that are members of an Angel Group or network, are a syndicate of solo investors, or a legally registered institution are also able to apply for a LINK-Caribbean Co-investment grant and have up to 50% of the investment matched to invest in to a start-up/early growth stage business.
If you are an investor interested in angel investing and would like to learn more about forming a local investors group in your region, Caribbean Export (via CBAN) in conjunction with our World Bank partners can offer technical assistance or advisory support. Please contact us via [email protected] if interested.
INVESTORS JOINING CBAN WILL:
- Gain access to pre-screened Pan-Caribbean deal flow
- Network with like-minded investors through the online platform as well as at periodic events such as the angel investor forum
- Gain access to resources for angel investors including sample investment documents, best practice materials and other knowledge resources
- Receive assistance with new group formation and development
ENTREPRENEURS JOINING CBAN WILL:
- Showcase their businesses to accredited Angel Investors
- Gain access to international industry level knowledge on Angel Investing
- Be offered assistance in the preparation of pitches
- Be offered follow-up support during the deal negotiation
Alpha Angels is primarily based in Montego Bay, they encourage the growth of early-stage ventures in Jamaica and the Caribbean through seed-stage investments.
FAJ is focused on potential investments in digital applications, digital media, the creative industries and other innovative businesses.
Based in Barbados, Trident angels is a network of successful business leaders interested in investing their money and experience into ventures that have the potential to grow and create value.