25 Nov, 2020Closed.
The overall objective of this assignment is to conduct a Gender responsive Private Sector Scoping Study which will explore the investment opportunities for private sector finance in helping to drive Saint Vincent and the Grenadines gender responsive NDC implementation process. The specific objectives of the Gender Responsive Private Sector Scoping Study are to assist the Government of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in the following:
- Identifying private sector investment opportunities across the priority sectors (energy, industrial processes and product use, agriculture, land use, land use change, forestry and waste) identified within Saint Vincent and the Grenadines INDCs.
- Mapping the country’s current investment environment to demonstrate how the current policy and regulatory environment either supports or impedes private sector investment across the priority sectors identified.
- Identify financial, technical and institutional barriers which inhibit private sector investment.
- Identify and propose market mechanisms to incentivize private sector investment through the creation of a conducive enabling environment in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Develop private sector led finance and investment concept cases for the priority sectors identified within Saint Vincent and the Grenadines INDCs.
- Identify key public and private sector players which can support private sector investment towards NDC implementation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Identify international and regional best practices and lessons learnt in the mobilizing of private sector investment to advance gender responsive NDC implementation.
This notice has been shared on behalf of the UNDP. All queries relating to this post should be directed to:
Ms. Meshia Clarke, Technical Specialist-Gender Equality at [email protected]