19 Oct, 2020Closed.
1.0 Overall Objective
The overall objective of this assignment is to equip firms from the three (3) value chains with practical information and knowledge about international certification requirements for the EU market. This course is expected to:
- Highlight the role and importance of quality certifications and quality management systems in a company’s export strategy
- Enhance the knowledge of the firms about international product quality certifications and quality management systems required for exporting products from the following three (3) value chains – cocoa/chocolate, essential oils/cosmetics and handicraft – to the EU market
- Equip the businesses with practical information on the process to acquire international quality certifications accredited for products and quality management systems
To this end, this assignment seeks to retain the services of a consultant (s) or firm that will conduct a training covering, inter alia, the following topics:
- International product and quality management systems certifications required to export products from the cocoa/chocolate, essential oils/cosmetics and handicraft value chains to the EU market
- Practical information on the procedures, conformity assessments and estimated costs to attain certifications noted in one (1) above
- Solutions and advice for SMEs to attain these quality certifications in a resource-constrained environment
- Assess the certification services offered regionally and by BHN and INDOCAL that are available for use in order to reduce transfer costs to foreign entities
2.0 Scope of Work
2.1 Specific Activities
To achieve the expected results, the consultant(s) or firm will, at a minimum, do the following:
- Participate in an inception meeting with Caribbean Export, BHN and INDOCAL to define and clarify the course content and outline as well as to agree on scheduled dates and times for the training.
- Propose a detailed class schedule for the virtual training with proposed dates and times for validation by Caribbean Export, BHN and INDOCAL. In planning the schedule, it is advised that the consultant designate a separate training specifically for businesses in the handicraft sector in light of the particularities of this industry.
- Prepare and send to all participants all the necessary learning material and reading lists forming part of the course prior to the start of the training
- Conduct the training via a virtual platform
- Prepare and administer Certificates of Participation/Completion to all participants
3.0 Submissions of Offers
Offers should be submitted by 17:00 hrs (Dominican Republic local time) on Monday 9th November, 2020 to the following e-mail addresses [email protected] and [email protected] with the reference “International Quality Certification Training”.