23 Jul, 2020AST 5:00 pm21 Aug, 2020
Caribbean Export seeks to reinforce and support collaboration between the Bureau Haitien de Normalisation (BHN) in Haiti and the Instituto Dominicano para Calidad (INDOCAL) in the Dominican Republic. Therefore, the purpose of this document is to outline and define the technical specifications and functionalities of a web application that will facilitate direct communication and efficient project management between BHN and INDOCAL.
The Software Specification Requirements for this communication platform are noted as follows:
1.0 Overall Objective, Description, Functionalities and Deliverables
1.1 General Objective
The objective of this communication platform is to promote and facilitate real-time communication, the exchange of information and the management of projects between BHN and INDOCAL through a convenient and user-friendly web application. This interface must be private, secure and accessible to all technical experts from BHN and INDOCAL using a username and password. Additionally, the application must be available in both French and Spanish and all users from BHN and INDOCAL must have 24/7 access using an internet connection.
1.2 Intended Use
- Promote real-time communication between BHN and INDOCAL via an online chat feature;
- Host and organize meetings via videoconference;
- Manage and assign project tasks with defined timelines; and
- Ease the exchange of requests for information and confidential files between the two organizations.
This call for application is open to companies, application developers and programmers with experience in the following areas:
- At least 7 years of practical experience in the field of application development, programming, web design and information technology;
- Ability to create innovative and visually appealing design;
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written) skills; and
- Fluency in Spanish and French is necessary; an understanding of English will also be highly desirable.
2.2 Required Documentation
Applicants will at a minimum submit the following:
- Examples of previous work done in this area;
- A proposal submitted which should include at a minimum the profile and CV of the developer(s), an understanding of the project, project methodology, availability and qualifications, timetable/Gantt chart for activities; and
- A detailed proposed budget in euros inclusive of all relevant taxes and fees.
Once selected, the consultant and the proposed team cannot be changed. All proposals must be submitted in both French and Spanish.
3.0 Submissions of Offers
Offers should be submitted by 17:00 hrs (Haiti local time) on Friday August 21st, 2020 to the following e-mail addresses [email protected] and [email protected] with the reference “Communication Platform – BHN and INDOCAL”.