04 Nov, 2019Closed.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is seeking a consultant to organize customer service training for members of the Chambers of Commerce of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The training will seek to strengthen the skills of the Chambers of Commerce and their members to equip them with the tools for cross border exports and trade. Training will focus on service quality offered to exporters engaging in economic activity in this geographic zone.
The consultant(s) will review existing studies and other secondary data on the uses and practices of transborder trade, collate the information and provide training based on analysis on the transborder trade activity. Updated statistics on transborder trade practices must be highlighted. Customs procedures, tax collection processes, sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) inspections and other rules and regulations in force at the various posts on each side of the border must be clearly identified in the training. Additionally, the availability of information on custom, trade, tax collection and rules, regulations and/or procedures to merchants and investors must also be assessed.
The consultant(s) is expected to deliver the following results:
- Report 1: Inception meeting report – This report will capture agreed timelines, the methodology that will be used to undertake the training and any potential changes to project design that are discussed at the inception meeting;
- Report 2: Intermediary Report – This report will present some summary sheets of existing studies, summarizing data on the transborder market, identifying the needs of formal entrepreneurs for success in this market area;
- Report 3: Organization of 2 – day training
Planning spread over 2 calendar days in the border area in Haiti and the Dominican Republic; and
- Report 4: Final Report- This report will include a description of achievements including problems encountered and the general action recommendations to be undertaken by the parties (Haiti and DR) to resolve
- problems related to cross-border trade
- The institutional problems of cross-border trade
- organizational problems related to cross-border trade.
Scope of Work
To achieve the expected results, the Consultant will, at a minimum, do the following:
- Participate in an inception meeting with BONFED (Bureau de l’Ordonnateur National du Fonds Européen de Développement), Caribbean Export, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Haiti (CCIH), Dominican Federation of Chambers of Commerce (FEDOCAMARAS), Representation of Chambers of Commerce participating in the training and the European Union to define, clarify, and agree on project parameters and expectations, including timelines, reporting, etc.;
- Conduct desk and other research and/or consultations based on the requirements in the TORs that are necessary to effectively complete the assignment; review existing, up-to-date surveys, studies and other secondary data on the uses and practices of transborder trade at the border markets (Ouanaminthe/Dajabón, Malpasse/Jimaní and Belladère/Elías Piña).
- Organization of 2 – day training with the border members of Chamber of Commerce participating in this project.
- Provide analysis on the transborder trade activity;
- Provide information on the movement of goods across the border markets;
- Provide information on the tax collection procedures at the border;
- Provide information on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) rules and other regulations in force at the border.
Offers should be submitted in Spanish and in French languages (both), no later than 17:00 hrs (Haiti local time) on November 15th, 2019 to the following email address [email protected] with the reference “Export Readiness Joint Training for Chamber of Commerce of the Border”.