20 Oct, 2020Closed.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines is seeking to establish a tourism business linkages programme, beginning with an assessment of the existing relationship between hotels and the SME sector and the identification of policies and programmes that will support the further integration of tourism into the local economy.
The overall objective is increased business linkages between the hotel and resorts sector in St. Vincent & the Grenadines (with a particular focus on the mainland St. Vincent) and the local SMEs.
- Specifically, this initiative seeks to:
- Identify the demand for goods and services by hotels and the local suppliers that can competitively meet this demand;
- Create a mechanism to establish, support and sustain tourism business linkages, facilitating opportunities for better networking, information-sharing and communication across sectors;
- Identify the challenges faced by the hotels in sourcing goods and services locally, as well as the opportunities for local SMEs to do business with hotels;
- Make policy recommendations, guided by global good practices in tourism business linkages; and
- Develop a pilot initiative with at least 3 hotels for the supply of goods and services
SCOPE OF THE WORK
Caribbean Export in collaboration with Invest SVG is seeking the professional services of a consultant or consultancy firm whose primary goal will be to develop a business linkages programme for St. Vincent and the Grenadines, focused on the tourism sector, providing recommendations for the successful implementation and sustainability of the programme.
Interested and eligible firms and consultants are invited to submit detailed Technical and Financial Proposals guided by the published Terms of Reference for this assignment. In the assessment of proposals, consideration will be given to the Qualifications, Skills and General Professional Experience of the consultant (s) or firm. All information must be submitted in English.
Submissions can be made either electronically (no more than 9MB) to: [email protected] copied to [email protected] by 4 November 2020, 4:30 pm EST. Please ensure that you are in receipt of an acknowledgment of delivery prior to the stated deadline.
The subject line of the electronic mail must read ¨Enhancing Business Linkages between Tourism and the SME Sector in St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG).″