17 Mar, 2022Closed.
Under the 11th EDF bi-national Programme, Caribbean Export along with its bi-national partners are pursuing the development of a Binational Value Chain Strategy for the Cocoa/Chocolate sector in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in order to maximize the potential export from both countries.
As part of the Strategy, ten (10) beneficiaries from the cocoa sector in Haiti and the DR were identified, (five (5) from each country), to be part of the Value Chain Project and an individual strategy/a detailed Action Plan was prepared for each, to improve its quality and international competitiveness, including possible collaborations with other international institutions.
In August 2020, Caribbean Export started with the implementation of the individual strategies and action plans for the beneficiary companies of the Project.
This consultancy has been developed in response to an immediate need for the beneficiary company MAKAYA CHOCOLAT.
The objective of this technical assistance for the company MAKAYA CHOCOLAT aims to ensure that this company complies with the standard of food safety and the quality of these products and can therefore be ready to apply for a HACCP certification (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
The specific objectives are among others:
- Help the Makaya Chocolat company to prepare so that it can apply for HACCP certification;
- Assist / coach the Makaya Chocolat company in all required activities so that it is ready to apply for accreditation and certification according to the standard;
- Perform pre-certification audits;
- Identify in the pre-certification audit all non-conformities with the standard in order to identify the aspects to be improved and strengthened for the company to pass the certification audit;
- Review of existing documentation and organization of it;
- To organize a training for the staff of Makaya to teach them how to comply with the standard. At least twenty (20) participants from the Makaya Chocolat network will attend this training.
Interested persons are kindly asked to review the full terms of reference and submit a technical and financial proposal electronically to Ileana Tejada, Senior Advisor – Private Sector Development & IP at [email protected] This consultancy must be conducted in French.
Each proposal MUST be accompanied by a signed Applicant Declaration Form which can be downloaded at: https://www.carib-export.com/download/197007/
The deadline for submissions is March 30th, 2022, 5:00 pm (Dominican Republic local time).