03 May, 2021Closed.
Under the 11th EDF bi-national Programme, Caribbean Export along with its bi-national partners are pursuing the development of a Binational Value Chain Strategy for the Cocoa/Chocolate sector in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in order to maximize the potential export from both countries.
As part of the Strategy, ten (10) beneficiaries from the cocoa sector in Haiti and the DR were identified, (five (5) from each country), to be part of the Value Chain Project and an individual strategy/a detailed Action Plan was prepared for each, to improve its quality and international competitiveness, including possible collaborations with other international institutions.
In August 2020, Caribbean Export started with the implementation of the individual strategies and action plans for the beneficiary companies of the Project.
This consultancy has been developed in response to an immediate need for the beneficiary company GEO WIENER.
The objective of the consultation is to retain the services of a consultant (s) or a firm to carry out a feasibility study with the purpose of verifying the conformity, design and installation of an electrical system as well as production of a renewable energy systems at Geo Wiener SA.
To this end, this assignment seeks to retain the services of a consultant (s) or firm that will conduct the following activities:
- Evaluate the current situation of the electrical system at Geo Wiener.
- Produce energy consumption details and a graph for the site in question.
- Carry out feasibility study on energy efficiency, aimed at reducing energy consumption and the final size of the system.
- Study the current costs of the site’s electrical energy.
- Design a renewable energy system based on a return on investment of less than 7 years with a system with a lifespan of 15 years.
- Offer a system compliant with the international code eg: NEC 2020 (US National Electric Code 2020) or other international compliance code.
Interested persons are kindly asked to review the full terms of reference and submit a technical and financial proposal electronically to Ileana Tejada, Senior Advisor – Private Sector Development & IP at [email protected]
The deadline for submissions is May 25th, 2021, 4:00 pm (Dominican Republic local time).