16 Apr, 2018AST 4:30 pm07 May, 2018
Caribbean Export would like to invite interested CARIFORUM firms in the Agro-Processing Sector to submit applications to participate in the 2018 edition of the SIAL PARIS Trade Show at the Paris Nord Villepinte in Paris, France from October 21-25, 2018.
The SIAL PARIS Show is one of Europe’s largest and most important food and beverage fairs for exhibitors who wish to showcase their products to new markets and target groups. The theme for the 2018 edition of the show is “The world’s largest food innovation exhibition”. The fair expects to have over 7000 exhibitors (85% international) and over 155 000 visitors including thousands of international buyers from around the world. Please visit https://www.sialparis.com/ for more information about the fair.
Given the tremendous market potential for Europe as well as the competitive benefits of the CARIFORUM-European Union Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), Caribbean Export will provide assistance for representatives from CARIFORUM firms operating in the following sub-sectors sectors to participate in the show:
- Speciality Foods
- Organic Foods (with emphasis on health, gluten free, fair trade, etc)
- Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic)
Caribbean Export will provide:
- Booth space at the show
- Booth design and décor
- Return airfare to Paris, France via the most direct and economical route for one representative of each participating company
- Branded materials to assist in your exhibition
- Online training programmes on achieving success at trade fairs.
Participants are responsible for their accommodations, meals, ground transportation and any other associated expenses.
- Firm must be registered and operating in a CARIFORUM country
- Firm must be in operation for at least 2 years
- Firm must be able to demonstrate export potential or be an existing exporter
- Firm must have the necessary technical standards (e.g. HACCP, FSMA, ISO22000) in place to export to the EU market
- Firm must have the capacity to meet export orders generated through participation in show.
The application process will be completed over two (2) phases
Phase 1: Interested firms must submit an online Expression of Interest no later than May 7th, 2018 at 4:30pm Barbados Time.
Phase 2: Short-listed applicants must complete Caribbean Export’s Diagnostic Tool Assessment. This online tool assesses firms on four (4) pillars (Management, Production, Finance and Marketing) to determine their current capacity to take advantage of opportunities that may be presented at the trade show.
Participants will be notified of acceptance no later than June 8th 2018.