10 Aug, 2018Closed.
THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN UPDATED AND THE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
Caribbean Export is highly committed to the development of the Health and Wellness sector in the Region. We seek to facilitate the participation of sector stakeholders in various regional and international platforms that will be both beneficial to stakeholders’ individual business development, and the Region’s overall Health and Wellness industry.
With this commitment in mind, Caribbean Export will be providing sponsorship for five (5) Spas from the CARIFORUM region to participate in this year’s SOTIC conference to be held in the Bahamas from 01- 05, October 2018.
SOTIC (State of Tourism Industry Conference) is an annual conference hosted by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation and bares a spotlight on developments within the Tourism industry in the Caribbean. This year’s conference is themed “Rejuvenate, Recreate, Reconnect, New Directions for Caribbean Tourism” and will feature a wellness showcase that will bring special attention to unique Caribbean experiences and authentic products. Regional wellness companies will have the opportunity to display their unique products and services and to provide conference attendees with an authentic Caribbean wellness experience.
Caribbean Export funded by the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) is therefore pleased to play a role in supporting this conference and facilitating some of the Region’s most eligible wellness actors to exhibit their goods and services. This will provide increased visibility and brand promotion for all those attending.
CARIFORUM spa and wellness providers
Caribbean Export is seeking CARIFORUM firms with readily available spa products to participate in the wellness showcase at SOTIC, 2018. Selected firms will be required to showcase their products and services in the Grand Foyer of the Atlantis Paradise Hotel from 03- 05 Oct, 2018.
The minimum criteria for participants are listed below:
- Be a firm (i.e. entity, individual or company) legally registered and operating in a CARIFORUM member state;
- Firm owner/ manager must be a national of a CARIFORUM State;
- Firm should be in operation for at least three (3) years;
- Firm must have a catalogue of products;
- Firm must have the financial and production capacity to manufacture products which can be sold during the showcase;
- Be exporting or can demonstrate their capacity to export;
All interested Spas must complete the SME Diagnostic Tool and submit the following documents to Alison Beckles at [email protected]:
- SME Diagnostic Tool Link- https://sme-diagnostics.ceintelligence.com/go/?to=DAGS (if you have completed this within the last 12 months pls download to PDF and submit).
- Samples from product line (min 5 – max 8 photos, high-resolution- these photos will be uploaded to the SOTIC website)
- Company profile (a brief description of your firm in no more than 100 words);
- Management profiles (a brief description of relevant educational and industry experiences of firm owners and management. Not to exceed a page);
- Company structure or organogram;
- Copy of business registration certificate;
- Copy of passport (biodata).
The deadline for the submission of the export assessment form and all other required documents is Tuesday September 04th, 2018 at 4:30pm AST.
Selected firms will receive:
- One economy ticket for a representative of the firm to travel to the Bahamas to participate in SOTIC, 2018.
- Accommodation at the Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island, Bahamas: Location of the conference – Breakfast and dinner included at selected restaurants
- Per diem to cover the cost of lunch
- Airport transfer to and from hotel
- Dedicated space during the wellness showcase. Further details on booth dimensions will be provided at a later date
- Training on how to pitch your business to buyers via an online webinar
Selected firms will be notified no later than September 07th, 2018.
For inquiries or more information, please contact Alison Beckles at [email protected]. You may also visit the following link: http://sotic.onecaribbean.org/ to learn more about this year’s SOTIC event.