24 Aug, 2017Closed.
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is hosting a two day training session on Energy Management for SMEs.
Objective of Programme
The programme will equip persons in micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs) with the skills and tools to effectively manage their energy efficiency activities and renewable energy opportunities in order to seize new market access opportunities by building local capacity and competitiveness.
The expected outcomes of the course are:
- Create a more informed businesses community in the Caribbean as it relates to energy use and associated activities
- Equip businesses and entrepreneurs with tools to optimise their use of energy services
- Provide information to help companies make decisions to improve profitability
- Improve global competitiveness of businesses within the Caribbean
Specific Learning Areas include;
- Understand the role of energy in businesses
- Learn how to use tools to optimise energy resources
- Understand how renewable energy technologies work
- Learn about relevant standards and services
- Learn about energy efficiency and conservation
- Understand how to evaluate projects and monitor performance
- Learn how to effectively monitor energy consumption
- MSMEs in the manufacturing sector
- Persons attending must have the ability to understand basic technical information
The project is being executed by Atom Solutions Inc out of Barbados. More information on the firm can be obtained at http://www.atomsolutionsinc.com/
Details of the programme are as follows;
Date: September 21st – 22nd 2017
Venue: 1st Floor, Baobab Towers, Warrens, Barbados
Time: 9am to 5pm
Lunch will be provided.
Participants are required to bring laptops/tablets.
Interested persons must submit the online Expression of Interest no later than September 19th 2017 at 12:30pm Barbados Time
All participation is subject to approval from Caribbean Export.Energy Management Course Outline
This training course will take place in Barbados. Persons wishing to participate from outside of Barbados will be responsible for any travel or accommation expenses incurred. The same course will also be held in Jamaica and Saint Lucia, the dates of which are to be confirmed.