06 Nov, 2019Closed.
Binational Value Chain Strategy for the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Sector of Haiti and the Dominican Republic
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) has been entrusted by the Governments of the Dominican Republic, Haiti and the European Union to implement the “Trade and Private Sector Component” of the Haiti-Dominican Republic Binational Cooperation Program, under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). The overall objective of this component is to strengthen economic and commercial cooperation between Haiti and the Dominican Republic in a sustainable manner by supporting initiatives that can reduce current imbalances in the long term and reduce poverty levels.
One of the specific objectives of this component is to focus on improving the quality of goods produced in both countries and the competitivity of enterprises, with special attention to the Essential Oils / Cosmetics value chain. Under this objective, the Agency will seek to develop and / or strengthened this value chain both in Haiti and in the Dominican Republic. The Agency seeks to map a comprehensive diagnosis for the selected binational value chain with a view of developing a joint strategy and action plan for selected companies which have the greatest potential for impact with the support offered. The beneficiaries of this activity are stakeholders from the private sector of the Dominican Republic and from Haiti, which operate in the essential oils / cosmetics sector.
Caribbean Export is looking for suitable Haitian and Dominicans enterprises or associations registered and operating in the essential oils/cosmetics sector to apply to be a part of our BINATIONAL ESSENTIAL OILS/COSMETICS VALUE CHAIN PROJECT.
The BINATIONAL ESSENTIAL OILS/COSMETICS VALUE CHAIN PROJECT is designed to support and to improve the quality and competitiveness in international markets of Haitian and Dominican companies or associations of the essential oils/cosmetics sector, who are looking to start exporting or increase the exports of their products.
The project will:
- Elaborate a strategy to strengthen the quality and international competitiveness of the selected companies and carry out a 24-month action plan for its implementation.
- Strengthen and support essential oils/cosmetics businesses to increase their ability to access finance.
- Support their access to new markets through facilitating networking opportunities and B2B meetings.
- Provide training opportunities in core business and professional areas identified as priority areas.
- Strengthen the collaboration between the selected companies or associations and the government institutions of the two countries.
- Support companies or associations in Haiti and the DR to strengthen the Essential Oils / Cosmetics value chain, through strategic collaborations.
- Registered and based in Haiti and the Dominican Republic
- Has been in operation for at least 2 years
- Companies or associations must be able to demonstrate revenue generation
- Has a basic staff structure in place to be able to implement the action plan and capacity building process which will be elaborated for the selected companies/associations
- Products or service is ready to expand in existing or new markets
- Maintains basic business and financial records
- Have a good standard of agricultural practices and be willing to implement practices of sustainable production and consumption
- Identify the number of producers that benefit the company’s operations and the impact that the support of this project can have on them
- Companies or associations must be willing to follow the recommendations of the Project and invest resources in its development.
The application process will be completed over two (2) phases.
Phase 1: Interested firms must submit an online Expression of Interest no later than November 22nd, 2019 at 4:00pm Dominican Republic/Haiti Time.
Phase 2: Short-listed applicants must complete Caribbean Export’s Diagnostic Tool Assessment. This online tool assesses firms on four (4) pillars (Management, Production, Finance and Marketing) to determine their current capacities and needs under the programme. In addition, a SWOT analysis will be conducted by the consulting firm QUAREIN SPRL, which has been contracted to execute the BINATIONAL ESSENTIAL OILS/COSMETICS VALUE CHAIN PROJECT.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a one on one interview with Caribbean Export and QUAREIN SPRL, to discuss the results.