07 Mar, 2018Closed.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is looking for suitable women-owned enterprises registered and operating in any one of the 15 member-states of CARIFORUM to apply to be a part of our inaugural WE-Xport programme.
WE-Xport is designed to support Caribbean women in business to start exporting or increase the exports of their products and services. The programme will;
- Strengthen and support women owned businesses to increase their ability to access finance
- Support their access to new markets through facilitating networking opportunities and B2B meetings
- Provide training opportunities in core business and professional areas identified as priority areas by female entrepreneurs
- Advocate on issues and public policies that negatively affect female entrepreneurs
- Registered and based in a CARIFORUM Member State
- At least 51% owned by a woman/woman
- Managed daily and controlled by one or more women
- Has been in operation for at least 2 years
- Business can demonstrate revenue generation
- Has a basic staff structure in place
- Products or service is ready to expand in existing or new markets
- Maintains basic business and financial records
- Has a product or services that has export potential or is already exporting.
The application process will be completed over two (2) phases.
Phase 1: Interested firms must submit an online Expression of Interest no later than April 6, 2018 at 4:30pm Barbados Time.
Phase 2: Short-listed applicants must complete Caribbean Export’s Diagnostic Tool Assessment. This online tool assesses firms on four (4) pillars (Management, Production, Finance and Marketing) to determine their current capacities and needs under the programme. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a one on one interview with Caribbean Export to discuss the results.