12 Sep, 2017Closed.
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) in partnership with Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) is hosting a two day workshop on Energy Management for SMEs in Saint Lucia.
Objective of Programme
The programme will equip small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with the skills and tools to effectively manage their energy efficiency activities and renewable energy opportunities in order to seize new market access opportunities.
The expected outcomes of the course are:
1. Create a more informed business community in the Caribbean on efficient energy use
2. Equip businesses and entrepreneurs with tools to optimise their use of energy services
3. Provide information to help companies make decisions to improve profitability
4. Improve global competitiveness of businesses within the Caribbean
Specific Learning Areas include;
1. Understand the role of energy in businesses
2. Learn how to use tools to optimise energy resources
3. Understand how renewable energy technologies work
4. Learn about relevant standards and services
5. Learn about energy efficiency and conservation
6. Understand how to evaluate projects and monitor performance
7. Learn how to effectively monitor energy consumption
· SMEs in the Saint Lucian manufacturing sector
· Persons attending must have the ability to understand basic technical information
The project is being executed by Atom Solutions Inc out of Barbados. More information on the firm can be obtained at http://www.atomsolutionsinc.com/
Details of the programme are as follows
Date: October 4th and 5th 2017
Venue: Conference room, Ministry of Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour, Union, Castries.
Time: 9am to 5pm
Lunch and snacks provided.
Cost: Free (firms are however responsible for all associated travel costs).
Participants are required to bring laptops/tablets
Interested persons must submit the online Expression of Interest no later than September 29, 2017 at 4:30pm Barbados Time
All participation is subject to approval from Caribbean Export.