27 Feb, 2018Closed.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is looking for suitably qualified and experienced business coaches to work with women entrepreneurs from across the CARIFORUM region, as part of our Women Empowered through Export (WE-Xport) programme.
Inter alia, part of the objective of the 11th EDF RPSDP is to increase employment creation and inclusiveness for women. Considering this, Caribbean Export will launch its newest initiative: Women Empowered through Export (WE-Xport) on March 7, 2018. The programme will take the form of a strategic incubation approach for the duration of twelve months where support will be provided to twenty (20) women-owned businesses within CARIFORUM, towards the improvement of their export development and competitiveness. The Agency will facilitate relevant development activities to suit each firm’s critical needs under four intervention areas: access to finance, capacity building, access to markets and advocacy. The Agency’s Diagnostic Tool will be applied to assess each firm’s weaknesses and strengths.
One of the significant components of the WE-Xport programme is the 3-month business coaching programme that will be developed to provide targeted and direct assistance to firms on two levels: business development and self-development. Based on the Agency’s four areas of assessment (production, marketing, management, and finance), Caribbean Export will contract four business coaches to coach selected firms in the WE-Xport programme.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Significant experience in specific business areas (production, management, sales and marketing and export development and finance) as an entrepreneur or employed in the private sector in a similar field at a senior level;
- Significant experience in providing soft skills coaching in the areas of self-development, image building and time management;
- Experience in mentoring or coaching SMEs- specifically Caribbean SMEs would be an asset;
- Access to strong professional networks to assist SMEs;
- Some experience in exporting or helping SMEs to export;
- Interest in the growth and development of female entrepreneurs;
- An expertise in an industry/sector (agro-processing, creative industries, tourism, health and wellness) would be an asset;
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
Interested persons are kindly asked to review the full terms of reference and apply before 4:30pm on March 27, 2018.