23 Mar, 2021Closed.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is a joint agency of the United Nations and the World Trade Organization supporting the internationalization of SMEs. Its joint mandate combines a focus on expanding trade opportunities with the aim of fostering sustainable development.
The Trade for Sustainable Development (T4SD) Hub Caribbean hosted by Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), is hiring a Regional Project Coordinator based in Barbados.
The T4SD Hubs provide integrated solutions to SMEs in the implementation of green business practices. Hosted by local institutions the T4SD Hubs act as one-stop shops for SMEs to build green business strategies to access green finance and international markets for sustainable products. The T4SD Hub offers technical assistance and coaching services for SMEs in relation to compliance with voluntary sustainability standards, climate resilience, resource efficiency and circular production positioning sustainable products in the international market, accessing green finance and markets.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the direct guidance of the ITC Project Manager for the T4SD Hub Caribbean and will coordinate the following Hub activities:
Regional T4SD Hub coordination
- Develop a working relationship between ITC and Caribbean Export. This includes regular liaising with the Caribbean Export on planned activities and matters arising and status updates jointly with the ITC Project Manager
- Support Caribbean Export in expanding existing and engaging in new partnerships with local private and public partners (financiers, certifiers, sector associations, etc.) across the Caribbean
- Coordinate and support the planning towards the medium- and long-term integration of the T4SD Hub and related ITC methodologies into the host institution’s work streams and strategies.
- Actively contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the results of the T4SD Hubs locally through quarterly reports (Q3 and Q4 2021) and workshop and events reports following ITC’s templates and guidelines.
- Prepare the scoping study (ITC to provide the template) including: a) the priority sectors from TISI perspective, country export strategy and sustainable business practices; b) potential partners/trainers to be included in the work of the Hub;
- Attend weekly coordination calls with the Country Manager and monthly coordination calls with the global T4SD Hubs team and the T4SD Hub Leads
- Provide timely feedback and advice to the ITC Project Manager in terms of the relevance, uptake and interest of the materials covered by the T4SD Hub to ensure that work plan and activities are properly targeted and use of resources (human and financial) are maximized for the given context.
Advise Caribbean Export on the implementation of capacity building and awareness building programmes
- Further detail the 2021 workplan for the T4SD Hub activities together with Caribbean Export
- Jointly train Caribbean Export with ITC experts to develop the needed management capacity to implement the T4SD Hub offering
- Support the implementation of training of trainers for the staff members of Caribbean Export and local partner institutions
- Coordinate locally hired coaches for each thematic area (including individual work plans, organization of team meeting, review of outputs)
- Assist Caribbean Export with organizing sensitization workshops on the selected thematic area, the kick-off meeting with SMEs and closing events
- Assist Caribbean Export with selecting companies and local coaches for coaching programmes
- Advise Caribbean Export on the implementation of the coaching programmes by ensuring the use of ITC coaching guidelines, adhering to best practices, following templates and tracking, monitoring and evaluation tools
Support Caribbean Export in the development of its T4SD Hub sustainability strategy
- Support in the development of a branding and communication strategy to position Caribbean Export with its sustainability related service offering for SMEs
- Liaise regularly with Caribbean Export to strategically plan for the integration of the T4SD Hub offering, which will be piloted in 2021, into the services of Caribbean Export
- Review the early and advanced drafts of the sustainability strategy developed by Caribbean Export and provide feedback
- Support the Caribbean Export to integrate the expert feedback provided by ITC into its sustainability strategy for the T4SD Hub
- Support Caribbean Export to identify the adequate funding sources for integrating the T4SD Hub offering into its services.
Interested candidates should review the full terms of reference and submit their CV and a cover letter to the Global T4SD Hub Manager – Ann-Kathrin Zotz: [email protected] by 4:30pm (AST) 31 March 2021.