21 Apr, 2021Closed.
As Caribbean Export Development Agency seeks to ramp up its support to the private sector in CARIFORUM Countries, it needs to expand its partnerships to deliver such assistance which is acutely needed given the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Agency is also currently developing a Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy, to enhance the sustainability of the Agency through building external partnerships with both traditional and nontraditional funding agencies. This strategy will define a clear, systematic, predictable and well-coordinated approach to soliciting and acquiring development resources from multiple partners.
It is against this background that Caribbean Export is seeking to hire the services of a partnership and resource mobilization Consultant, for a six-month period on a full-time basis, who will help identify and access funds from traditional and non-traditional sources that will allow for sustained action by the Agency to achieve its mandate.
Scope of work
The Consultant shall be required to undertake inter-alia:
- Review the Resource Mobilization Action plan and implement as per the direction of the Executive Director.
- Identify partners and specific windows of financing to target with engagement and proposals to access funding.
- Maintain and update database of donor interests, identifying priorities and identify opportunities for the Agency.
- Continually conduct environmental scans and provide donor intelligence (thematic orientations, modalities of engagement, entry points, forecasts etc.) to the Executive Director and Leadership Team to increase probability of attracting funds.
- Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate monthly reports for management’s strategic decisions.
- Research, prepare and submit high quality grant proposals for consideration by the Agency in strategic priority themes consistent with the Agency’s mandate to secure funds from development partners.
- Facilitate dialogue between the Leadership Team of Caribbean Export and proposed development partners.
- Actively maintain relationships with donors, with a view to enhancing contributions, while capturing new development partners.
- Execute actions to mobilize funds and develop/maintain relationships with donors and partners.
- Develop generic templates for quick response to calls where donors do not provide templates.
- Develop and/or enhance resource mobilization tools as needed.
- Continually seek innovative means of attracting new donors.
- As part of the Communications, Partnerships and Report team, work with team members to develop the required collateral materials (print and digital) that support organizational brand building and fundraising efforts including raising awareness of key Agency results.
Interested persons are required to submit the following to [email protected]
• Expression of Interest/ Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• 2 x References
The deadline for submission is 5th of May 2021 at 5pm AST.