08 Jul, 2021Closed.
The general objective of this advisory mission will be to develop the cartographic study of the value chain of crafts in Haiti. This study should find out about the direct actors in the chain (producers, processors, wholesalers, retailers, etc.), indirect actors (suppliers of financial services, storage, transport, inputs, equipment, etc.), the specificities of Haitian crafts, production spaces, their stories, their folklore as well as the environment in which the chain is inscribed with regard to the actors and beneficiaries.
More specifically, this mapping should collect the following information with actions which should include:
- Characterization of the elements that constitute the cultural heritage of Haitian craftsmanship.
The techniques and expressions of its products, the uniqueness of each production area, the social reality of artisans including the legal framework.
- The search for the folkloric origins of the elements of Haitian craftsmanship
Link the different artisan expressions to Haitian folklore, natural resources and the tourist offer of each region of Haiti and the island.
- The search for the historical origins of elements of Haitian craftsmanship
Highlight the identity of each community in the Haitian handicraft production area through images while highlighting the historical cachet of the context, production techniques, designs, colors and target markets
Scope of the work
4.1 Specific activities
In order to obtain the expected results, the consultant (s) must carry out at least the following activities:
- Characterization of the elements that constitute the cultural heritage of Haitian craftsmanship. The search for the folkloric origins and the historical origins of the elements of Haitian craftsmanship. The photography of images at the level of each community by showing the historical cachet, the production techniques, the designs, the colors and the target markets. In-depth empirical and scientific literature search Present the final report in Printed album form and in electronic format.
Applicants must at least present the following documents:
- Proposal comprising at least: company profile, understanding of the project and methodology, list of available experts and their qualifications, schedule / Gantt chart of activities and detailed budget proposal
- Document certifying citizenship in the case of individuals or the establishment of the head office in the case of companies.
Offers must be submitted in both languages Spanish and French.
Submission of applications
The various documents to be produced mentioned above should be submitted to the senior advisor in charge of private sector development of the Binational Program based in Haiti.
Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. (Haiti time) on July 29th, 2021 to the following email address [email protected] with the reference “ Haitian Handicrafts Mapping ”.