22 Mar, 2018Closed.
Caribbean Export, recognising the need for women to receive dedicated support to grow their businesses, has conceptualised, the Women Empowered through Export (WE-XPORT) project. WE-XPORT forms part of Caribbean Export’s work in implementing the 11th European Development Fund Regional Private Sector Development Programme. The WE-XPORT project will support women-owned enterprises to increase their access to finance; build their capacity as entrepreneurs; increase access to markets (including networking and integration into value chains); and advocate on public policies that negatively affect women entrepreneurs.
Under the Access to Finance component of the WE-XPORT project, Caribbean Export with the support of the Caribbean Development Bank will be hosting a workshop for Micro, Small & Medium Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) and Business Support Organisations (BSOs) on Access to Finance. Following the workshop, Technical Assistance will be provided to BSOs to enable them to enhance their capacity to deliver access to finance support to MSMEs as well as help position women-owned firms to secure financing to expand their businesses.
Caribbean Export is looking for an Entrepreneurial Finance Consultant with the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in finance, economies or alternatively an advanced degree in social sciences/business supported by the relevant critical appraisal skills and experience as described below;
- A strong understanding of financing options available in the region as evidenced by previous technical work completed in that area. A professional track record from a private sector point of view in training on access to finance will be an asset
- An excellent command of English (knowledge of Spanish and or French is desirable);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, diverse, dynamic environment;
The objective of the assignment is to design and conduct a training workshop and provide TA to at least twenty (20) women-owned MSMEs and at least 10 BSOs, selected by Caribbean Export from across 10 CDB Borrowing Member Countries, in access to finance.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are kindly asked to review the full terms of reference and submit a project proposal (technical and financial including a draft outline of the training programme for the two day workshop) as well as a detailed CV via electronic copy to Robertha Reid – Senior Advisor, Office of the Executive Director at [email protected] and Damie Sinanan – Senior Advisor, Competitiveness and Export Promotion at [email protected]
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 13th APRIL 2018 at 4:30pm (Barbados time).