03 Jun, 2022Closed.
1. Background Information/Rationale
1.1 Relevant background
Caribbean Export is implementing the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) Regional Private Sector Development Programme (RPSDP). The overall objective of the RPSDP is to increase employment creation, inclusiveness, and overall poverty reduction in CARIFORUM countries through targeted interventions that provide new and innovative frameworks for growth and development.
In this connection, Caribbean Export assists CARIFORUM exporters in participating in international food and beverage expositions. Data has shown that there is an increase in demand for products from the Caribbean, and in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic 2020-2021, this demand was evident. Consumers in the UK and EU spent less on eating out and more on at home dining.
Caribbean food and drink show great potential with the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium and Germany demonstrating huge opportunity. Germany leads Europe in its imports of herbs and spices, representing 20% of total EU imports for that product category since 2018. The demand in these markets can be attributed to the presence of diasporic communities and the similarities in taste and culture in these markets.
The SIAL PARIS Show is one of Europe’s largest and most important food and beverage fairs for exhibitors who wish to showcase their products to new markets and target groups. The fair expects to have over 7000 exhibitors (85% international) and over 155 000 visitors from 200 countries including thousands of international buyers from around the world. With the 2020 edition being postponed, this 2022 iteration promises to be even more inspiring. Please visit https://www.sialparis.com/ for more information about the fair.
Given the tremendous market potential for Europe as well as the competitive benefits of the CARIFORUM-European Union Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), Caribbean Export will provide assistance for agro-processors from CARIFORUM operating in the following sub-sectors sectors to participate in the show:
- Specialty Foods
- Health Foods (with emphasis on gluten free, fair trade, etc.)
- Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic)
The SIAL PARIS trade show is scheduled for 15-19 October 2022 at the Parc des Expositions de Paris-Nord Villepinte, Paris, France.
2. Objective, Purpose & Expected Results
2.1 Overall Objective
The overall objective of the consultancy is the provision of construction and design services for a booth to assist CARIFORUM agro-processors to exhibit at the SIAL Paris Trade Show.
2.2 Specific Objectives
The specific objectives of the Consultancy are:
- Design and construct booth to house fourteen (14) exhibitors under the Absolutely Caribbean brand within 2 blocks totaling 150.68 sqm of floor space. The 2 blocks, within close proximity are:
- Main space – 96.68 sqm
- Additional space – 54 sqm
3. Scope of Work
3.1 Specific Activities
Caribbean Export is seeking the services of a consultant/firm to:
- Design and construct a booth to house fourteen (14) exhibitors under the Absolutely Caribbean brand within 2 blocks totaling 150.68 sqm of floor space. The 2 blocks, within close proximity are:
- Main space – 96.68 sqm (bare area with 4 open sides)
- Additional space – 54 sqm (bare area with 3 open sides)
- The design should reflect a typical Caribbean scene
- The booth will showcase the Absolutely Caribbean brand and should have:
- A full design concept highlighting countries of CARIFORUM
- Branded walls and signage
- Lighting fixtures to ensure the booth is fully lit (not including electricity costs)
- Individual exhibition display units/stands for the fourteen (14) participating companies
- At least two (2) meeting tables with chairs for firms to conduct meetings
- Secure storage space including shelves for exhibitors to house their samples and promotional material
- A small kitchen space featuring refrigerator and microwave as well as kitchen sink (not including water costs)
- TV screens with USB capabilities to run promotional videos and a sound system to play Caribbean music
- Source material for the construction of the booth
- Transportation of all material to and from the site
- Disassemble and cleanup the space following the show
- Demonstrated track record of booth design and construction for major trade shows as evidenced by past experiences.
4.2 Work Experience
- As above
4.3 Required Documentation
- Technical proposal/concept design for delivery of services requested
- Financial proposal to meet scope of works
- Applicant Declaration form in paragraph 14
Submit required documentation by June 20th, 4:00 pm AST.
All queries relating to this activity should be directed to Natasha Edwin Walcott – Senior Advisor, Competitiveness and Export Promotion at [email protected]