08 Jul, 2021Closed.
The advisory mission will carry out a survey of the legislative texts of the Dominican Republic, civil and commercial nature, as well as any other matter or subject on mediation and arbitration, with special emphasis on trade-oriented laws (and trade openness), competitiveness, globalization, and markets development.
Scope of Work
Selected consultant (s) must carry out indicative, not exhaustive activities, as follows:
Carry out a study of the commercial and civil laws with the greatest impact in the Dominican Republic and the usefulness of alternative dispute resolution methods, with special emphasis on laws oriented to trade, competitiveness, globalization, and markets development.
a) Academic Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in legal sciences
- Postgraduate degree in International Trade, International Business, Social Economy, Project Management or Strategic Planning would be an added value.
- High research and data collection capacity.
- Ability to analyze, identify the advantages of using alternative conflict resolution methods, considering the economic sectors related to the legislative compilation that is intended to be drawn up.
- Ability to analyze and explain the legal rules that organize business practices in business operations and corporate processes.
- Good skills to coordinate / organize / work in networks, as well as experience in coordinating teams of experts.
- Good knowledge of the trade and development situation in the Caribbean,
- Excellent skills in communication, networking, and intercultural coordination.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Speak Spanish fluently.
- Candidates must be citizens of an ACP country (Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) or of a member country of the European Union, or represent a company registered in the commercial register in one of these countries.
b) Professional experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Dominican legislation, considering civil and commercial laws with special emphasis on laws oriented to trade and commercial openness, competitiveness, globalization, and market development.
- Extensive knowledge of arbitration, and other methods of alternative conflict resolution and laws (as well as other legal establishments), from the legal point of view
- Knowledge of the impact of the laws for the development of the various economic sectors.
Candidates must present at least the following documents:
- A Technical Proposal that includes as a minimum: company profile, understanding of the project and methodology, list of available experts and their qualifications, Gantt calendar / activity table, and A Financial Proposal detailed budget proposal.
- Documents that prove citizenship in the case of natural persons or the establishment of the registered office in the case of companies.
Offers must be submitted in Spanish and French.
Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. (Haiti time) on July 29th, 2021, to the following email address [email protected] with the reference “Compilation of Legislative Texts of the Dominican Republic”.