30 Jul, 2018AST 4:30 pm03 Sep, 2018
The aim of the Caribbean Exporter of the Year Awards is to create an export culture across the region by encouraging CARIFORUM firms to begin exporting or to expand their exports through a programme that acknowledges and rewards exporters.
The specific objectives are:
- To give recognition to exporters that have demonstrated an ability to achieve exporting success as demonstrated primarily through export volumes, diversity of export markets and sound export strategies and action plans;
- To give recognition to emerging and female exporters across the CARIFORUM region;
- To give recognition to exporters that have integrated green technologies into their operations;
- To encourage exporters to innovate by investing in R & D to improve product development and;
- To encourage exporters to engage in corporate social responsibility.
Firms can apply directly to be considered for an award or be nominated by a national business support organization, government institution, or peer within the CARIFORUM region through through Caribbean Export’s website (www.carib-export.com) by September 3, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. (Barbados Time). Applications submitted by any other method or after the deadline will not be accepted.
Description of Awards
- Emerging Exporter of the Year – This award recognizes a company that has entered the export market within the last 3 years and has already experienced success.
- Female Exporter of the Year – This award recognizes a company whose principle shareholder is female and is a successful exporter.
- Green Exporter of the Year – This award recognizes an exporter that has invested in green technologies and integrated alternative/renewable energy solutions into its operations that has allowed it to experience exporting success.
- Caribbean Exporter of the Year – This award recognizes a Caribbean firm that has achieved significant exporting success and whose brand epitomizes Caribbean Export’s guiding philosophy of “Taking Caribbean Excellence to the World.”
- Special Award – Excellence in Services Exports – The Special Award recognizes an outstanding Caribbean firm that has successfully exported its services.
- Caribbean Export’s Choice Award – This awardee is selected by the Management and staff of Caribbean Export from among our clients. It recognizes the efforts of a firm that has made great strides in exporting due to Caribbean Export’s interventions
The awards are open to all firms within the CARIFORUM region that meet the eligibility criteria (see below). Nomination forms are available on Caribbean Export’s website and should be submitted electronically on or before September 3, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. (Barbados Time) to [email protected] . Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which will be held on a date to be determined.
Interested applicants should meet the General Eligibility Criteria in addition to the relevant Award Specific Criteria to which they are applying.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a registered company headquartered in a CARIFORUM country;
- Must be majority owned by a CARIFORUM national;
- Must have an established market presence in at least one export market (regional or international)
- Must have been in operation for at least three (3) years and exporting for at least two (2) of those years (with the exception of the emerging exporter of the year award)
- Product or service exported must contain significant CARIFORUM content
- Produces goods/services that demonstrate significant appeal in the export market
- Must have annual export earnings of at least US$50,000 (with the exception of the Emerging Exporter of the Year Award)
Award Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Emerging Exporter of the Year
- Firm must have annual export earnings of at least US$20,000
- Firm has been in operation for three years or less and has been actively exporting for a maximum of three (3) years
- Female Exporter of the Year
- Principle shareholder (owns at least 51% of firm) must be female of the firm and must be active in daily operations of firm
- Green Exporter of the Year
- Firm has prioritised investment in green technologies to enhance competitiveness
- Firm has realised significant benefits (economic/environmental) as a result of integrating alternative/renewable energy solutions into its operations
- Caribbean Exporter of the Year
- Firm has demonstrated innovation in the area of product development
- Firm has provided increased employment opportunities to CARIFORUM nationals with emphasis on women and youth employment
- Firm has demonstrated corporate social responsibility in the communities in which it operates
- Special Award – Excellence in Services Exports
- Firm must be an exporter of services
CEYA2018 NOMINATION FORMS