12 Mar, 2021AST 11:59 pm20 Apr, 2021
Summary of Responsibilities
The Project Expert (HT) will work specifically on the development of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain with the aim of improving the competitiveness of the Haitian and Dominican companies selected from this sector, including with business support organizations (BSOs) of the Public Sector of the two countries involved.
Key Results Required
- Provide financial and technical assistance for the implementation of the Entrepreneurial Action Plan proposed of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain of the Binational Programme;
- Develop and submit annual budgets for the effective implementation of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain Strategy of the Binational Programme;
- Assist Haitian and Dominican companies/clusters in the process of seeking co-financing of costs related to obtaining international quality certifications, geographic indication and other certifications required by the targeted niche markets;
- Assist Haitian and Dominican companies/clusters in the process of seeking co-financing of costs related to the protection and promotion of intellectual and industrial property;
- Promote cooperation between the private sector of both countries and the EU, CARIFORUM, CELAC, SICA and/or ACP States.
- Good knowledge of the economic environment including the Private and Public Sectors of Haiti and the Dominican Republic, more particularly the Essential Oils/ Cosmetics sector.
- Experience working with business support organizations in Haiti and/or the Dominican Republic;
- Knowledge of industrial and trade processes in international markets;
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity;
- Motivated individual requiring minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to express oneself on the subject in front of groups of individuals;
- Strong personal skills including the ability to negotiate, moderate and collaborate;
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem-solving;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic environment;
- Experiences focusing on value chains will be valued
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, particularly, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Fluency in French and Spanish and working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Haitian Creole will be an asset.
Interested candidates must send their CV together with a cover letter by email to the following address: [email protected], by April 20th, 2021.