20 Jul, 2018Closed.
The Information Technology Coordinator is a full-time position under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer. The Information Technology Coordinator is primarily responsible for direct end-user support for computer and networking hardware, systems development and maintenance, security and communications. The position also provides administrative and organizational services supporting the operations of the regional team, developing the ICT budget; addressing ICT procurement issues and implementing the Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Information Technology Coordinator is responsible for:
- Facilitating the development of systems, and maintaining them to meet administrative, legal and financial requirements;
- Overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper-based information;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Standardising information sources throughout an organisation or group of organisations;
- Resolving problems with information management by effective use of software and other information management resources;
- Enabling appropriate access to information;
- Managing and monitoring budgets and resources related to records and information management;
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Ensuring the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack;
- Providing users with appropriate support and advice;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Maintenance of WAN and LAN and management of network users and resources;
- Troubleshooting employee workstations, printers, etc.
- Support satellite offices and employees in the field remotely;
- Research and recommend hardware including but not limited to printers, scanners, PCs, and servers when requested
- Coordinate a continual maintenance program for all company issued devices;
- Incidental training of staff regarding specific applications;
- Maintain inventory for company issued hardware and software.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit a cover letter with CV before 4:00 pm on Friday, August 10 2018 to Veronica Henry at [email protected] and copied to Wendy Graham at [email protected]