01 Nov, 2017Closed.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Programme Manager is responsible for all of the programme’s actions/activities in the assigned country (Haiti). He/she ensures that the programme achieves its objectives and actions are coordinated with the various stakeholders at the national level.
The Deputy Programme Manager will lead together with the Programme Manager, the programme’s management team, providing guidance to all team members, among others, on how to:
1. Upgrade the competitiveness of Haiti’s and Dominican Republic’s private sector;
2. Enhance the regulatory framework of both nations; and
3. Promote trade and investment between both countries.
- Coordinate and promote all initiatives and activities of the programme in Haiti.
- Manage Caribbean Export’s Programme Office in Port-au-Prince, Haïti.
- Assist in strengthening of the Trade Ministries, Trade and/or Investment Promotion Organisations, Customs Authorities, Business Support Organisations and Private Sector companies and other related bodies/institutions of Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- Develop and implement initiatives that support the objectives of the Bi-National Programme, their Institutional strategies, organisational structures and work programmes.
- Compile and submit quarterly reports on information pertaining to programme objectives achievements and studies in each country for informing the draft of the specific work programme to be implemented in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- Liaise and advocate with all relevant national bodies and stakeholders in Haiti as to ensure the coherence of the programme’s actions and national/international activities being carried out by other partners/donors.
- Ensure the coordination of activities with the Programme Manager, the Delegations of the European Union in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, BONFED and DIGECOOM.
- Actively promote public-private sector dialogue in Haiti within the scope of the objectives/actions of the programme.
- Design, develop and facilitate trade and business development missions.
- Collaborate with the Programme Manager with the view to ensuring that programme staff works towards ensuring that the objectives of the programme are fulfilled.
- Collaborate with the Programme Manager to define performance expectations for staff members and monitor performance.
- Work with the project team to develop and submit annual budgets and work programmes for the Bi-national programme.
- Generally contribute, as required, to the work of the Programme.
Interested applicants are advised to download and review the full job description before applying and send their CV’s accompanied by a motivation letter by e-mail to [email protected] copied to [email protected] by December 13th, 2017 the latest.
Download the job description below in English, French or Spanish