Herboo Botanicals develops and manufactures sustainable, organic personal hair and skincare products using Jamaica’s finest herbs and spices. The Company started because of a personal scalp issue experienced by the Chief Eexecutive Officer, Javin Williams.
Unique Business Proposition & Vision/Mission Statement
We are solely about export. We provide quality local produce to international markets in a region where the majority of the trade sector is focused on importing goods.
Mission: “We will research, develop and manufacture the best organic cosmetics in the world. We will develop our products for the health-conscious individuals and anyone who chooses to live a healthy lifestyle. We will ensure that our customers feel a touch from nature in every product. We will use only the finest herbs and spices to formulate our products. Our list of ingredients will always be easily understood. Herboo will improve lives.”
Vision: “Herboo will serve the world with unique and holistic herbal solutions of the highest quality. We will be known worldwide for being the Number ONE brand for Organic Cosmetics.”
Company Achievements: Successes, Awards, References etc.
• 2013: Best Business Plan awardee, First Heritage Credit Union.
• 2014: Local Business Model Winners, Northern Caribbean University.
• 2014: National Business Model Winners, Development Bank of Jamaica and ICD group.
• 2014: Best International Team International Business Model Competition (IBMC).
• 2014: 8th Place in the International Business Model Competition (IBMC).
• 2015: Judges Choice for Jamaica Observer Mogul in the Making.
• 2015: Best Business Pitch Nexus Caribbean Youth Summit.
• 2015: Trained by ActionCoach on how to systematize a business.
• 2016: Best 1-minute business pitch.
• 2017: IR Grant Recipient.
• 2018: Secured Cari-Med Limited as our first distributor.
• 2018: Secured Private Investment from First Angels Jamaica.
• 2018: Co Investment grant recipient.
The raw material waste from our manufacturing processing goes back to fertilize new plants. We also have an on-going customer survey.
Company Product/Service Range
We have a 2 in 1 deep cleansing shampoo and, a protective moisturizing hair oil as well as a body & face oil.
Differentiators, what makes your Company, products, services special?
The cultivation of our own herbs to ensure they are produced ethically differentiates us from the rest of the market. Our shampoo is clinically proven to offer customers 5 unique health benefits.
Current market position, Company growth plans, Export experience and capabilities, production capabilities, Company/product certifications.
We are currently positioned as a niche brand and we have experience exporting our products on a small scale. We have exported to the Cayman Islands, Japan, United States, Canada, and Guadeloupe. Likewise, we have received certifications from Action Coach certification on business systematization, Scientific Research Council of Jamaica, Development Bank of Jamaica, United States Patent and Trademark Office. Our products are ISO 9001 and Fairtrade certified.