11 Aug - 11 Aug, 2020
12:00:00 - 1:30 pmwebinar12pm - 1:30pm
What role does intellectual property play whilst developing your brand? This webinar led by Ms Erica Smith PhD, Consultant, Intellect Management Services Inc will focus on;
- How do you create brand values?
- Key IP tools to use
- Using IP to create brand value
- Protecting brands from theft – practical examples
- Creating your brand from the inside out using IP – (from prior CE webinar presentation – look at building the brand – reputation, culture, emotions, look and feel)
- Needs to be very practical using relevant case studies – concepts such as co-branding
This webinar is provided in collaboration with CarIPI
Erica K. Smith has undergraduate degrees in law and management and a Master of Science degree in International Business, a LL.M. in Intellectual Property law and a LL.M. in International Sports Law and Management. She was recently awarded her doctorate and her dissertation was focused on copyright management. Erica has authored various business management courses and is a head tutor with the WIPO Academy.
Over the years she has implemented numerous projects for various regional and international agencies and Governments. Her clients included the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the Jamaican Intellectual Property Office, the Jamaica Business Development Corporation, the Caribbean Development Bank, Compete Caribbean, the REACH project of the Inter-American Development Bank, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry and the Caribbean Export Development Agency.