08 Nov - 11 Nov, 2022
09:00:00 - 4:00 pm
The Caribbean Export Development Agency, in collaboration with the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (CAIPA), will host the Caribbean Investment Forum (CIF2022) on the 8-11 November 2022 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Trinidad. The event serves as an investment attraction platform providing an opportunity to position the Caribbean region as an attractive destination for investment in areas that can lead to the economic transformation of the region.
The CIF is a high-level event designed to give investors the opportunity to explore the range of bankable investment projects available across the Caribbean. Over the 3-days, attending delegates will hear from industry experts on how key sectors can fast-track the Caribbean’s transition to a greener and SMART-er economy.
Join us to discover new opportunities in the digital economy, agribusiness, the blue economy, sustainable tourism and renewable energy, to name a few.
This event is suitable for investors, investment promotion intermediaries, private sector organizations, policy makers and other key stakeholders with an interest in the aforementioned sectors.
For more information and to receive updates on this event subscribe here.
What will happen at CIF 2022?
Day 1 – 8th November
Day 2 – 9th November
Perspectives on Investment – Leaders of the Caribbean
- How can the Caribbean attract FDI to achieve a measure of economic resilience given global developments?
- What sectors can best deliver on the goal of economic resilience?
- What can the region offer investors?
- Initiatives and reforms that guarantee long-term impact
The Big Picture: Paving a path for growth through disruptions
- Data on pandemic recovery for the region – growth projections
- Public and fiscal policies needed to support recovery and transitioning
- FDI strategies
- Business climate/doing business in the Caribbean
Day 3 – 10th November
Vision of the Caribbean/CEO Talk – The Caribbean We Want
- How the private sector can support and help sustain the drive for a transition to a SMART and Green economy in the Caribbean
Investment Opportunities in the Caribbean (breakout session)
- Blue economy
- Digital business
- SMEs: Guaranteeing long term impact by investing in Caribbean SMEs
Day 4 – 11th November
Partnerships with Africa
Keynote Speaker: Secretary General of AfTCA
- Priority sectors for Africa-Caribbean inter-regional investment
- Mechanism to support Africa-Caribbean inter-regional investment
Investment Opportunities in the Caribbean
- Country pitches