05 Apr, 201926 Apr, 2019
The Senior Advisor – Competitiveness and Export Promotion (CEP) will help to oversee the work of the Competitiveness and Export Promotion department in particular as it relates to the promotion of the interests of the regional private sector with a focus on SMEs in the areas of export development and promotion and trade advocacy. He/She will work to provide technical support and leadership to the Advisors in the different functional areas outlined above to ensure the successful and timely achievement of the department’s work program.
- Assists the Manager – CEP with policy development, strategic planning, coordination and administrative support for the Agency’s overall export development and promotion and trade advocacy activities directed at national, regional and international markets. Specifically, he/she will be required to:
- Assist with providing support to the private sector within CARIFORUM through the development and implementation of a regional capacity building and advocacy program aimed at improving the competitive position of regional exporters in target markets;
- Assist with the development and implementation of Caribbean Export’s export promotion initiatives including coordination of international trade missions, market visits, study tours and trade fair participation under Caribbean Export’s international branded platforms;
- Assist in the development of national trade shows and other export promotion initiatives including providing technical guidance to national coordinating teams;
- Assist with managing international trade policy issues including the monitoring and identification of key trade issues, analysing those issues, selecting priorities and strategic response actions, and implementing relevant programs of action;
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs which respond to private sector export needs and assist BSOs with providing a wider range and quality of services;
- Advise regional policy makers when required on matters of opportunity and threats to businesses within the CARIFORUM region resulting from developments within the international trading system;
- Provide technical leadership and direction for engaging directly with private sector firms with a focus on SMEs across the CARIFORUM region to accelerate or develop their export readiness, and trade support organizations to enhance their export support capacities and readiness;
- Serve as a leading resource person to export enterprises within CARIFORUM, as well as to local trade support organizations, NGOs and other development partners;
- Assist with and help provide leadership and direction to advisors and staff planning, coordinating and implementing technical assistance and capacity building programs for exporters and for trade support organizations within the CARIFORUM region;
- Provide support to the Agency for the development, coordination and implementation of export and trade related policies and programs;
- Help to achieve the objectives of the Agency by assisting in the development of its strategic and annual work plans.
Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit applications to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019.