18 Feb, 201908 Mar, 2019
The Receptionist will be the first contact for visitors and callers to the Programme Office. He or she will also provide general administrative assistance where necessary throughout the office to support the activities to be implemented/organized by the Programme Office in Haiti.
• Greet and welcome callers and visitors to the Agency and direct them to
the appropriate personnel.
• Assist in upholding the Agency’s image to the general public.
• Answer telephone calls and transfer calls to the appropriate individuals or units.
• Assist to the Office personal in contacting people, coordinating meeting appointments and confirming list of attendees for events.
• Respond to inquiries from clients and general public about Agency’s services.
• Assess needs of clients and refer them to appropriate services available throughout the office.
• Receive and determine the distribution of mail.
• Maintain the general records of correspondences received and delivered in the Office.
• Log all incoming and outgoing mail and maintain the general records of correspondences received and delivered in the Office.
• Maintain staff log book.
• Type a variety of forms, letters, reports and memos as required.
• Prepare packages for courier service and coordinate deliveries and collections as required.
• Deliver checks to the beneficiaries ensuring the correct signature on reception.
• Ensure that basic office maintenance issues are handled.
• Order kitchen, office supplies etc.
• Provide general administrative assistance to all staff where necessary.
• Any other duties as determined by the Deputy Programme Manager.
Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate orally with professionals at all levels.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Fluent in French/ English; ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ CREDENTIALS
- Secondary School Diploma with courses in typing and general office procedures or at least one to two (1-2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- A Secretarial Diploma would be an asset.
- CARIFORUM national.
Interested applicants must send their Cv’s accompanied by a motivation letter by e-mail to
[email protected] by March 8th 2019, the latest.