22 Oct, 201809 Nov, 2018
The Advisor-Operations is responsible for maintaining the accounting systems and financial records for the 11th EDF Haiti-Dominican Republic Bi National Programme with specific reference to the Programme Office in Haiti. This position is also responsible for the expenditure and control of all the Programme Office’s financial assets and will assist the Senior Advisor – Operations of the Agency with the overall Management of the Programme’s finance and accounting functions.
- Maintain effective systems of financial management for the Bi National Programme resources managed by the Programme’s Office and Accounting regulations in that Office, including:
- Maintenance of sub-ledgers
- Treasury management
- Management of monthly and annual expenses
- Ensure that expenditure is in accordance with the Agency’s requirements and procedures;
- Disseminate information to stakeholders and reports on activities within the specified time periods in keeping with the Agency’s procedures and guidelines;
- Assist with submission of documents to the Delegation of the European Union;
- Define personal performance objectives and adhere to the Performance Management guidelines;
- Advise the Programme team on the budget planning process, both in the overall development of the Project and in the implementation of work programmes.
- In conjunction with the Finance Officer, assist in the implementation and monitoring of all Agency’s financial and operations procedures in the framework of the Programme implementation.
- Assist with the preparation of the support documentation for the request of funds to the European Union Delegation, corresponding to the Programme.
- Assist with the preparation of progress Technical and financial reports for the Board of Directors, European Union Delegation in Haiti and DR, The Steering Committee of the Programme and CARICOM/CARIFORUM.
- Process of payments and remittances to beneficiaries, suppliers/contractors;
- Ensure expenditures are posted to the correct accounts and properly authorised;
- Maintain financial records and files;
- Maintain, monitor and control of the fixed assets of the Programme;
- Effective management of accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Process travel allowances and reconciliations;
- Manage the petty cash transactions and reconciliations and maintain the petty cash float;
- Ensure the maintenance of the equipment in the Programme’s Office premises;
- Manage the utility bills corresponding to the Programme’s Office;
- Prepare reconciliation of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable subledgers;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of relevant bank accounts;
- Assist Senior Advisor-Operations with preparation for the audit process inclusive of preparation of accounting schedules and responding to audit queries;
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit a cover letter with CV before 4:00 pm on Friday, November 9, 2018 to Alba Diaz at [email protected] and copied to Escipion Oliveira at [email protected].