28 Feb, 201922 Mar, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Competitiveness & Export Promotion, the Advisor – Access to Finance will work closely with the Manager to purposefully engage regional private sector companies to increase their export sales through the facilitation of processes to enhance the development of innovative services and technological solutions. This position will coordinate the Direct Assistance Grant Scheme (DAGS), as well as other Access to Finance platforms, such as the Caribbean Business Angel Network (CBAN), to enhance the firms’ financing capacity to develop new products and establish themselves in regional and international markets.
- Coordinates and promotes, in conjunction with the Manager, the Direct Assistance Grant Scheme;
- Engages the regional private sector to better understand and support its financing needs;
- Conducts research and analysis to ensure that relevant private sector companies understand, and can take advantage of niche market access opportunities and engage in best practice;
- Advises the regional private sector on relevant trade agreements to ensure that CARIFORUM exporters are made aware of opportunities that exist;
- Assists with the promotion of the Agency’s various capacity building programs specific to the Access to Finance platform;
- Advises on the development of alternate financing tools for regional SME’s;
- Provides support in capacity building of enablers (Incubators, business development centres, etc) targeting entrepreneurs;
- Advises SMEs in different phases of their lifecycles on various financial solutions that can aid in technological development and technology transfers;
- Coordinates the Access to Finance programs including their electronic tracking systems;
- Coordinates and provides support to the DAGS and Access to Finance programs through oversight of the application, processing and evaluation processes;
- Works directly with selected BSOs to facilitate the execution of the DAGS and Access to Finance activities/interventions.
- Coordinates and provides support to the DAGS Evaluation Grants Committee as well as to the CBAN Steering Committee;
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and departmental papers as required;
- Provides advisory services to SMEs as it relates to Access to Finance solutions;
Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit applications to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, March 22, 2019.