07 Jan, 202225 Jan, 2022
Reporting to the Manager – Competitiveness and Export Promotion (CEP), the Advisor – Innovation and Digital Business will work closely with the Manager as it relates to the promotion of digital business principles and innovation with the private sector in CARIFORUM. This position will be the driving force behind Caribbean Export’s thrust into enabling the increased utilisation of innovative tools and technologies by both manufacturers and service providers; and the digitalisation of businesses through adoption of technologies, e-commerce, and online platforms. The incumbent will be expected to develop and sustain the Agency’s leveraging of new technology to support BSOs and SMEs. He/She will work to provide technical support in the different functional areas outlined above to ensure the successful and timely achievement of the department’s work program. He/She will also be required to liaise with all departments within Caribbean Export as well as with external stakeholders.
- A Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, ICT, Innovation and Entrepreneurship or a related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supporting private sector firms in area of digital business, e-commerce adoption, technology adoption, innovation or digitisation.
- Strong project management skills – a certification in project management will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the various relevant regional trade agreements;
- Experience working with enterprises and with national trade promotion organisations and/or other business support organizations;
- Proven relationship management skills;
- Be a national of a CARIFORUM state;
- Fluent in English. Ability to communicate in French, Spanish, or Dutch an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programmes especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Applications must be submitted to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm (AST – Barbados time) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022.