This consultancy requires a website developer to develop an attractive, user-friendly and innovative microsite that will be used by the Bureau Haitien de Normalisation (BHN) and the Instituto Dominicano para Calidad (INDOCAL) to promote and share information about quality regulations with SMEs and other private sector stakeholders in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The specific objectives of this microsite are to:
- Enhance the knowledge of the owners and operators of SMEs about quality regulations;
- Create awareness of the roles of BHN and INDOCAL; and
- Educate the public about the impact of quality regulations on market access opportunities.
1.0 Scope of Services/Functionalities
The consultant(s) is/are expected to carry out the following services:
- Liaise closely with relevant programme officers and team members to understand users’ needs and identify corresponding user interface requirements, workflows, and functionalities;
- Design an innovative, attractive graphic concept in accordance with the branding guidelines proposed by BHN and INDOCAL;
- Identify and contract a dedicated hosting service with the necessary specifications and characteristics that are compatible with the functionalities of the microsite for a period of at least three (3) years;
- Include a multilingual feature on the microsite that will allow users to switch from French to Spanish and vice versa;
- Ensure a consistent visual language on the microsite by introducing fixed styles in templates ensuring consistency in colours, fonts, formatting, icons, images and layout techniques;
- Develop the corresponding user interface components i.e. homepage, subsections, an article template, images, resource webpage template, header, footer and a contact us page;
- Develop a user manual and deliver a training for the support staff and system administrators at BHN and INDOCAL to perform content upload, system maintenance and general administration of the microsite;
- Deliver technical support and quality control for a period of six (6) months after the go-live of the microsite; and
- Test the site before going live.
2.0 Required Documentation
Applicants will at a minimum submit the following:
- Examples of previous work done in this area; and
- A proposal submitted which should include at a minimum the profile and CV of the developer(s), an understanding of the project, project methodology, availability and qualifications, timetable/Gantt chart for activities; and
- A detailed proposed budget in euros (EUR) inclusive of all relevant taxes and fees.
Once selected, the consultant and the proposed team cannot be changed. All proposals must be submitted in both French and Spanish
3.0 Submissions of Offers
Offers should be submitted by 17:00 hrs (Haiti local time) on Friday August 28th, 2020 to the following e-mail addresses [email protected] and [email protected] with the reference “ Website Development – BHN and INDOCAL”.