30 Sep, 2019AST 4:30 pm21 Oct, 2019
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is seeking a consultant to develop a comprehensive logistics services guide between the Dominican Republic and Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Aruba, and Curacao; including main logistic services available, main market access requirements to import and export to these destinations, current trade agreements, and main private and public actors that are part of the import/export activities in each country.
The selected consultant should undertake the following activities;
- List the entities, institutions and public and private organizations in each destination that directly affect the Caribbean trade, indicating their location, website, telephone, and contact person data (mail, telephone, etc.);
- Undertake research on the distribution channels, the process of trade for fresh and manufactured products, as well as the logistics services offered in the mentioned islands of the Caribbean and in the DR with their corresponding contact information;
- Develop profiles of Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Aruba, and Curacao destinations prioritized by the technical logistic connectivity table;
- Undertake research on the technical and sanitary requirements by destination, as well as the different permits needed, together with the processes and costs of the institution that grants them;
- Undertake research on the connectivity between the DR and Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Aruba, and Curacao, with their average costs;
- Verify with the actors the accuracy of the data found, and that the format is accessible to end users;
- Design the guide in Spanish and translate it in English, and the product delivery format will be in word.
- Presentation of the draft report to the National Competitiveness Council, Caribbean Export, and sector stakeholders for the validation of the report;
- Be available for the Launch presentation of the guide with The National Competitiveness Council of the DR, Caribbean Export, and main stakeholders of the logistics sector. The travel cost are included in the price of this consulting.
Submission of Offer
Interested consultants seeking to apply for the contract should submit;
- Technical proposal should include, at a minimum: a CV or company profile (only if it is firm), understanding of the project and methodology, available experts and qualifications (only if it is a firm), timetable/ Gantt chart for activities, examples of previous work done in this area and a detailed proposed budget.
- The detailed proposed budget or financial proposal should be submitted in Euros (including all relevant taxes).
- The proposal must be submitted in Spanish.
Deadline for submission of tenders