24 Jul, 2019Closed.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) has been entrusted by the Governments of the Dominican Republic, Haiti and the European Union, with the implementation of the “Trade and Private Sector Component” of the Haiti-Dominican Republic Bi-National Cooperation Programme under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) FED/2018/399-379. This component seeks to enhance the overall business and investment climate of Haiti and the Dominican Republic as well as the international perceptions and images of both countries.
Under the 10th EDF bi-national Programme, Caribbean Export along with the Haitian Chamber of Trade and Industry has decided to pursue the development of a strategy that maximizes the export of Haitian products to the Dominican Republic. For this purpose, the Programme funded research on the identification of a strategy for the Haitian private sector to access the DR Market and to accompany the entry of 5 Haitian products into the Dominican market “.
The report identifies difficulties related to the time it takes to obtain documentation required throughout the export process and follow-up with the customer.
In addition to this report, Caribbean Export fostered intra and extra binational trade and exchange of best practices to benefit the Haiti and the DR Private Sector, supporting them with training sessions, best practice missions, participation in Trade Fairs in the DR and promoting binational private-private dialogue.
Caribbean Export is requesting Expressions of Interest from Haitian firms that have indicated an interest in exporting to the Dominican Republic and whose products are deemed suitable and ready for the export market. Selected companies will be provided with technical assistance. Only Haitian firms legally incorporated in Haiti are eligible to receive assistance.
Interested companies must complete the attached Expression of Interest Form and submit all required documentation to Caribbean Export by email to Kerlyne MARSEILLE at [email protected] All applications are subject to a Selection Committee which comprises: Ministry of Trade and Industry of Haiti, Haitian Chamber of Trade and Industry, BONFED, EU and Caribbean Export for approval and acceptance.
Should you require additional information, please call (509) 4892-5356 or (509) 4892-5355.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted no later than August 5th, 2019.
Interested participants are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Form.
- Expression of Interest/Application Form;
- Letter justifying your candidacy and compliance with selection criteria (max. 200 words);
- Images of the product(s) to be exported.
- Be a Registered Company or Business Name in Haiti;
- Be in operation for at least five years;
- Be able to demonstrate business growth and profitability;
- Have sufficient financial and human resources to support follow-up activities as well as secure and maintain export orders;
- Comply with relevant international standards (if applicable);
- Be willing to provide Caribbean Export with information on export sales contracts which were signed as a direct result of the binational assistance programme.