The Direct Assistance Grant Scheme was administered by Caribbean Export through its implementation of the Caribbean Trade and Private Sector Development Project (CTPSDP).
Services were provided through priority areas including:
• professional services
• creative industries
• information and communication technology (ICT)
• health and wellness
• business support organisations
The scheme received funding assistance under the 9th European Development Fund.
The main objective of the CTPSDP, under which the Direct Assistance Scheme fell, is to contribute to the gradual integration of CARIFORUM countries into the world economy, and by so doing, enhance regional economic growth and thus help alleviate poverty.
The programme is expected to achieve the following results:
• Increased competitiveness of firms through increasing export potential, expansion of export markets and export related activities
• A vibrant Caribbean Business and Investment Support Network with strengthened Business and Investment Support Organisations
• Greater cooperation between the CARIFORUM business sector and that of the DOMs and OCTs
• Increased contribution by the Caribbean business sector for the improvement of the regulatory environment for private sector development in the region
• Assistance with EPA preparation and implementation.