For new (firms) and potential exporters Caribbean Export can assist by providing tools and techniques to achieve success in international markets.
Take a look at the short guides below on:
- Setting Out Your Value Proposition
- Ways to Enter A New Market
- Hiring a Sales Person Overseas
- Getting your first Reference
- Planning Export Finance
- Managing Risk
Also consider taking part in our PRONET Export Marketing workshops, which will help you to understand the challenges of exporting and take you through a systematic approach in preparing for export.
The Market Intelligence Portal from Caribbean Export has many valuable market information reports that can be accessed by you. Market research can assist Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) in identifying business opportunities in export markets and helps deliver the products and services to maximize those opportunities. Sourcing of the relevant information to assist in analyzing the market is a very important aspect of the market research process. Some internet sources which provide company, market and economic information include:
- CARICOM Secretariat Statistic department – Provides regional trade statistics.
- CBI – Provides downloadable market studies containing product information, databases and export tools, such as an export readiness checker, templates for developing an export marketing plan and a market research action plan.
- EU Export Help Desk. The Export helpdesk is an online service, provided by the European Commission, to facilitate market access for developing countries to the European Union. This service provides an overview on the EU´s preferential trade regimes established for developing countries as well as lists all tariffs, taxes and other requirements for developing country exporters interested in supplying the EU market.
- International Trade Centre (ITC) – Contains information on international trade and market profiles, trade statistics and prices.
- Trade Facilitation Office Canada (TFOC) – The products and services available to registered users include the handbook on Exporting to Canada as well as over 20 sector-specific market info papers, trade events and news, links to Canadian and international resources; advice on finding buyers, tariff rates, consumer preferences and trends, regulatory requirements and practical tips on preparing for the Canadian market; and free promotion of registered companies and their products.