05 Apr, 201919 Apr, 2019
The Senior Advisor – Trade and Business Intelligence will help to oversee the work of the Competitiveness and Export Promotion department with an emphasis on trade and market intelligence as a critical element in the facilitation of the regional private sector to achieve market penetration in partner countries and enhance regional economic development. He/She will work to provide technical support and leadership to the Advisors in identifying the specific areas of research and market intelligence required to pursue focused export development and execute the same.
- Assists the Manager – CEP with policy development, strategic planning, coordination and administrative support for the Agency’s overall trade and business intelligence activities directed at national, regional and international markets;
- Supports the development, design and facilitation of trade and business development missions;
- Serves as the Agency’s focal point of contact for export/trade development and trade policy issues;
- Provides leadership and direction for developing and delivering effective trade and business intelligence tools and support to the regional private sector including for trade information and competitive intelligence needs; and for developing and disseminating market research outputs, products and services;
- Leads and guides the development of market intelligence tools and their dissemination to the Agency’s clients;
- Facilitates private sector awareness of trade and market issues through educational activities such as workshops, seminars and targeted missions;
- Performs research, analysis and formulation of data from the entire competitive environment for export markets which include but are not limited to the following:
- Market and customer orientation – promoting external focus;
- Identification of new market trends and opportunities critical for the Region – e.g. niche markets;
- Early warning of changes in the primary export markets – enables counter measures;
- Minimizing investment risks – early detection of threats and trends;
- Better market selection and positioning – understands and discovers untapped or under-served market potential;
- Quicker, more efficient and cost-effective access to information.
Any other duties as required by the Agency, including project related activities.
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit applications to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, April 19, 2019.