22 Oct, 201809 Nov, 2018
The Project Expert (DR) will provide guidance to promote a more balanced and formal binational trade between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The Project Expert will be working with Business Support Organisations (BSOs), Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) and the Public Sector of both countries.
The Project Expert will also work towards the improvement of the competitiveness of Haitian and Dominican companies operating in selected sectors, focusing in the development of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain of the bi-national programme.
- Carrying out a comprehensive diagnosis for the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain of the bi-national programme with a view to developing a comprehensive joint strategy and action plan for the promotion of the same;
- Coordinate all aspects and carry out the call for proposals and evaluations for the selection of the Haitian and Dominican Companies that will be part of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain of the bi-national programme;
- Delivering financial and technical assistance for the implementation of the proposed entrepreneurial action plan of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain of the bi-national programme;
- Develop and submit annual budgets for the effective implementation of the Essential Oils/Cosmetics Value Chain strategy of the bi-national programme;
- Assist Haitian and Dominican companies/clusters in the co-financing of costs related to obtaining international quality certification, geographical indication and other certification required by targeted niche markets;
- Assist Haitian and Dominican companies/clusters in the co-financing of costs related to protection and promotion on the intellectual property;
- Support to the collection of binational trade statistics by promoting the creation of inter-institutional binational working groups of institutions working on binational trade and investments issues;
- Follow the implementation of the work programme in favour of business support organizations of Haiti and DR;
- Support the business support organizations both countries to increase the quality and quantity of services offered to their members;
- Follow the implementation of the cooperation agreements between the Chamber of Commerce of Haiti (CCIH) and the Federation of Chambers of Commerce (FEDOCAMARAS) of the Dominican Republic;
- Promote cooperation between the Private Sector of both countries and the EU, CARIFORUM, CELAC, SICA and/or ACP States.
Interested persons should download the full job description and submit a cover letter with CV before 4:00 pm on Friday, November 9, 2018 to Alba Diaz at [email protected] and copied to Escipion Oliveira at [email protected].