Please note that a change was made Under SECTION 1 INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDERERS, 3.2 Financial Offer, which now reads as “The Financial offer must be presented as an amount in Euro and must be submitted using the template in Section 7 (Budget) of the tender dossier. The budget for the assessment is €65,000.00 which covers fees. Expenses will be covered separately.”
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) requires the services of an independent auditing firm to perform a Pillar Assessment, to assess the Agency’s ability to implement a European Union Budget under indirect management.
The Pillar Assessment is an assurance engagement which focuses on internal control, accounting, external audit , grants and procurement. The objective of the assignment is to assess the systems, controls and procedures applied by Caribbean Export to each Pillar and to allow the auditor to report on whether the Agency fulfils the requirement of each relevant Pillar.
The Auditor will be required to assess whether the Agency;
- has set up and ensures the functioning in all material respects of an effective and efficient internal control system
- uses an accounting system that provides in all material respects accurate, complete and reliable information in a timely manner
- is subject to an independent external audit, required to be performed in all material respects in accordance with internationally accepted auditing standards by an audit service functionally independent of the entity concerned
- applies appropriate rules and procedures in all material respects for providing financing from EU funds through grants and
- applies appropriate rules and procedures in all material respects for providing financing from EU funds through procurement.
The period to be covered by the assessment would be a twelve (12) month period ending on the day of the start of the field work.
Tender submissions must comprise of four (4) originals hard copies and an electronic copy on disc or storage device must be delivered via direct mail or by hand at the address indicated below by 4:00pm on June 26, 2014
Attention: Mr. Anthony Bradshaw, Chief Operating Officer
The Caribbean Export Development Agency
1st Floor Baobab Tower
Frequently Asked Questions