Invitation to participate in Show & Order 2013
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) under the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) and the German International Development Agency (GIZ) will be collaborating in enabling the participation of CARIFORUM Fashion Designers in the trade show Show & Order Trade Show – Summer Eddition Show in Berlin Germany on 2-4 July 2013.
Caribbean Export is highly committed to the development of the fashion sector in the region and seeks to enable opportunities such as these to engage relevant stakeholders and motivate private sector companies to insert themselves in the international markets. This collaborative effort will provide a great opportunity for established fashion designers in the Caribbean to present their export offer in an international stage, thus positioning the region as an international go-to location for Fashion design and ingenuity.
In this regard, Caribbean Export under its Design Caribbean platform will be launching a joint participation of CARIFORUM designers in this trade show, in order to promote to the export potential that is latent within the fashion industry in the region.
Show & Order stands for a high-quality exhibition and represents a successful new order platform in Berlin. Show & Order is focused on a exquisitely stylish presentation of each collection and guarantees the national and international buyers a professional working atmosphere (www.showandorder.de)
Caribbean Designers in Show & Order Summer 2013 – Summer Edition
Caribbean Export is seeking fashion designers with readily available collections to be showcased to buyers in Show & Order Trade Show in Berlin, Germany on 2-4 July 2013. Selected designers will be part of the Design Caribbean participation in Show & Order 2013 – Summer Edition.
Interested designers must complete the attached Expression of Interest form and submit all required documentation to:
Caribbean Export Development Agency address to:
Mr. Leonel Naut
C/O Caribbean Export Development Agency – Sub-Regional Office
Calle Carlos De Lora No.
Ensanche Los Restauradores
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional
Submissions can also be e-mailed to LNaut@carib-export.com
The criteria for participating at Show & Order 2012 are listed below. Interested designers are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Forms as follows:
- Letter of commitment stating are you a strong and appropriate participant;
- A Full Picture designer portfolio (look book) showcasing the collection to present in Show & Order
- An overview of your international experience with products sales
- List previous international experience in fashion trade shows
- Must have been a designer with at least seven (7) years’ experience
- Must have produced at least three (3) full collections
- Proven sales at the national and/or international level
Caribbean Export Development Agency and GIZ will cover the following:
- Participation Costs at Show & Order – Summer Edition 2013 (booth space and concept)
- Airfare from Home Country to Berlin, Germany (economy class and most direct and economic route for one (1) representative per company.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Trade Show Prep Session with Buyer Outreach Initiative
Deadline to Apply: April 5th, 2013 at 4:30 PM (AST)
This joint project is made possible through the kind support of the European Union